Friday, January 8, 2010

Año Nuevo

If you found my last post a downer -- I didn't really mean for it to be, hope this cheers you up. For the new year's my friend Brendan from Petoskey and his sister Christina came to visit. (she;s also my amiga). Here are some fun quotes:

"If I could imagine a place where people make a living by making chocolate it would be like this -- where are the Umpa Lumpas?" - Brendan Carson

"I like the music" -- Standard dominican phrase -- this is the first thing my friend, Bubba, (pronounced Bua) says to an American. If not this, then he would ask:
"YOU like the Women?"
Then brendan decided to teach him a new American phrase -- with an accent of course:
"how much for zee vimen?"

Spose these are more funny if you are actually here. Here's a link to new pictures. No more time for blogging, I'lll write a better one later.




5 comments:

  1. Ryan,

    Not a downer at all. Posting a comment so that you know that someone is actually reading your blog...it's worth the effort.

    Uncle Dane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ryan, the rain will stop and you be able to get on with your work. Thanks for the new pictures. Everyone looks happy! Happy that you are there with them, sharing your lives together. A picture is worth a thousand words. I don't feel that you are so far away,now. I was thinking, maybe you could involve some of your young friends in some kind of project that was related to your water project. In order to get their parents involved as well. You have always been good with kids. Use your imagination and have fun in the process. Good luck and take care, Dad and Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan, did you feel the 7.0 earthquake that occurred in Haiti today?

    Uncle Dane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you broski! I also wanted to know if you felt the earthquake. Hope you're safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryan, Good writing! This is a great way to see what you're up to. Now that I've found it, I'll keep checking in.
    From one of your "tipsy" uncles, Steve

    ReplyDelete